Montessori emphasizes cognitive and social development, instead of rote learning and social behaviour.
1. In a Montessori environment, the teacher does not control the class but assumes a guiding role.
2. The environment and method encourage self-discipline in a Montessori school rather than enforcing discipline…
3. In a Montessori environment, students are given individualized instructions.
4. Children work in mixed age groups in Montessori.
5. In Montessori, grouping amongst children is encouraged to teach and collaborate.
6. A child can choose his/her own work where the structured curriculum is not enforced on the child.
7. In Montessori, a child discovers his/her errors i.e. the control of error lies in the material itself instead of the teacher pointing it out.
8. A Child reinforces own learning by repetition of work and the feeling of success that she/he derives out of it. Learning is not reinforced externally by rewards and punishments.
9. In Montessori, there are multi-sensory materials for physical exploration, organized program for learning, care of oneself and the environment.